The Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Universiteit Gent  together with three partner universities  and four textile industries  have recently embarked in an Erasmus+ funded project (‘Knowledge Alliances’) with the title ‘T-CREPE: Textile engineering for co-creation paradigms in education’.
T-Crepe aims at developing an innovative web-based platform to support co-creation-based learning (a design-based learning methodology). Co-creation brings broad as well as in depth knowledge and skills (entrepreneurial behaviour, multi-perspective thinking and building partnerships). Co-creation cases often have market potential. A web based platform will support lecturers in implementing co-creation based learning activities into their courses, saving coaching time, improving the effectiveness, efficiency and commercial exploitation.
 department of Materials, Textiles and Chemical Engineering (EA11) and Industrial Systems Engineering and Product Design Kortrijk (EA18) (UGent Campus Kortrijk).
 LUT University Finland, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and Πανεπιστήμιο Δυτικής Αττικής - University of West Attica Greece.
 Plug&Wear Italy, Texmind Germany, Richter-Partner-Weimar Germany, EuraMaterials France.
The kick off meeting of T-CREPE was held in Gent from 6th to 9th November 2019, with the following schedule:
DAY 1: CO-CREATION AND EDUCATION
Wed 6 November, 14.30-17.30 UFO, Raadzaal, Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat 25, Ghent
• Introduction to the project and its partners
• About the online educational platform ‘Choico’
• Experiences from local participants (e.g.m, City of Ghent, UGent) and students on co-creation projects
• 45 min workshop to explain how co-creation works in a digital world
• 18.00 networking reception with a welcome note by Elke De Cruyenaere (City Council of Ghent)
DAY 2: CO-CREATION II, DESIGN THINKING & THE DESIGN.NEXUS IO GROUP
Thu 7 November, 15.00 to 18.00 IDC (3rd floor), Marksesteenweg 58, Kortrijk
• Introduction to Design Thinking and the Co-creation course at UGent
• International partners presentations
• Co-creation students’ project presentations
• Introduction to the Design.Nexus IO Research Group at IDC
DAY 3: CO-CREATION AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP
Fri 8 November, 14.00 to 17.00 De Krook, Miriam Makebaplein 1, Ghent (Room: Blauwe Vogel)
• Introduction of the T-CREPE business partners
• Presentation of the T-CREPE approach to stimulate students to exploit promising co-creation results
• Testimonials of former student-participants who have created business from co-creation courses during/after their studies
• Round table